Local Government Advisory Committee
The Local Government Advisory Committee (LGAC) makes recommendations to the Legislature and responds when lawmakers change policies that affect the Budgeting, Accounting and Reporting Systems (BARS) Manual. The Committee reviews state and federal legislation and proposed changes from the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). GASB is the primary authority that determines Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for state and local governments. The Committee also advises the State Auditor’s Office on issues relating to the prescription of a uniform financial reporting system for cities and counties.
Download the latest Committee bylaws
Download the list of Committee members
Scheduled Meetings and Agenda
The Committee meetings are open to the public and are held from 9:00am – 12:00pm in Olympia and via teleconference on the scheduled dates. The current meeting schedule is:
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020: Preliminary Agenda; virtual meeting only
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020
If you would like to attend the next meeting, please notify the Committee Chair of your intent to attend.
The SAO prepares the minutes of the Committee meetings. The minutes are approved by the Committee at the next meeting.
The following are the draft meeting minutes from the most recent meeting:
- Local Government Advisory Committee Minutes, DRAFT June 2020 – coming soon
The following are the minutes that have been approved by the Committee:
- Local Government Advisory Committee Minutes, December 2019
- Local Government Advisory Committee Minutes, May 2019
- Local Government Advisory Committee Minutes, December 2018
- Local Government Advisory Committee Minutes, May 2018
- Local Government Advisory Committee Minutes, December 2017
All meeting minutes more than three years old are archived and available by request.
If you have questions, comments, or inquiries regarding the Committee; please contact Stacie Tellers, LGAC Committee Chair via email: firstname.lastname@example.org