Improvement Training Videos
The State Auditor’s Office (SAO) is here to help you understand more about what we do and the services we provide. Our online training library offers free training videos available any time.
Fraud detection and reporting for local governments
- Fraud: Detection and Deterrence (eLearning runs 40:00)
- Includes a brief overview of the most common types of fraud schemes, their associated red flags and suggested internal controls.
- Fraud: Recognizing and Reporting (eLearning runs 25:00)
- Shows local government officials how to be aware of, respond to and report possible fraud.
- Introduction to Lean training (eLearning runs 40:55)
- Introduces “Lean” and explains why it’s good for business. Also illustrates how some of the basic Lean concepts like waste, visual management, value stream maps, and stand-up meetings can improve and transform your organization.
- The Lean Charter Document (eLearning runs 15:00)
- The Good, Bad & Ugly of Change Management (video runs 40 minutes)
- While we all know, on some level, that change is inevitable, somehow it’s a concept that’s easy to forget. If you are a leader of projects or teams your world often revolves around change. But change isn’t easy. Each employee will have their own human reaction to change. Some welcome it because they enjoy challenges and new opportunities. Others respond with fear, stress and anxiety. So change management involves the good the bad and even the ugly and we explore all three in this video.
Audits and assets overviews
Overview of State Government Audit Services (eLearning runs 13:00)
- Describes our role and responsibility in auditing and investigating state government agencies.
An Overview of Audit Services (eLearning runs 15:00)
- Provides an introduction to audit procedures for local governments and an overview of our audit services.
Capital Assets Management: an Overview (eLearning runs 19:00)
- Introduces the basics of a capital assets management system, including properly recording, maintaining and safeguarding assets.
- You can also download our “Checklist for Capital Assets” (PDF) »