Improvement Training Videos
The State Auditor’s Office (SAO) is here to help you understand more about what we do and the services we provide. Our online training library offers free training videos available any time.
Fraud detection and reporting for local governments
- Fraud: Detection and Deterrence (eLearning runs 40:00)
- Includes a brief overview of the most common types of fraud schemes, their associated red flags and suggested internal controls.
- Fraud: Recognizing and Reporting (eLearning runs 25:00)
- Shows local government officials how to be aware of, respond to and report possible fraud.
- Introduction to Lean training (eLearning runs 40:55)
- Introduces “Lean” and explains why it’s good for business. Also illustrates how some of the basic Lean concepts like waste, visual management, value stream maps, and stand-up meetings can improve and transform your organization.
- The Lean Charter Document (eLearning runs 15:00)
Audits and assets overviews
Overview of State Government Audit Services (eLearning runs 13:00)
- Describes our role and responsibility in auditing and investigating state government agencies.
An Overview of Audit Services (eLearning runs 15:00)
- Provides an introduction to audit procedures for local governments and an overview of our audit services.
Capital Assets Management: an Overview (eLearning runs 19:00)
- Introduces the basics of a capital assets management system, including properly recording, maintaining and safeguarding assets.
- You can also download our “Checklist for Capital Assets” (PDF) »