Current Openings and Internships
With 15 offices statewide, 400 positions and important work to do, we at the Washington State Auditor’s Office (SAO) always welcome talented people to join our team.
Would you like to talk to an SAO recruiter? Email our recruitment staff
Current SAO openings
- Assistant State Auditor 1, 2 or 3 (Statewide Candidate pool) – Apply here
- Security Architect – Apply here
- Systems Administrator – Apply here
- Applications Development – Entry level – Apply here
- Applications Development – Journey level – Apply here
- Audit Intern (Statewide Candidate pool) – Apply here
- IT Audit Intern – Apply here
Who are we? #WeAreSAO
Get to know us! We have more than 350 auditors who help keep public dollars accounted for through their work. We share lots about who we are and what we do on social media, using the hashtag #WeAreSAO. Here are some talented members across different teams at SAO.
Build your skills through an internship
SAO’s paid internships give you a chance to learn by working alongside professionals. Audit interns have opportunities to provide support for large and small audits. As interns grow their skills, they take on assignments with increased complexity and responsibility.
We look for students who have:
- completed their sophomore year
- strong computer skills
- strong written and verbal communications skills
- completed some accounting course work
The Office of the Washington State Auditor is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application or testing process, or who need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (564) 999-0947 or via the telecommunications relay service by dialing 7-1-1.