Current Openings and Internships
With 15 offices statewide, 400 positions and important work to do, we at the Washington State Auditor’s Office (SAO) always welcome talented people to join our team.
Would you like to talk to an SAO recruiter? Email our recruitment staff
Current SAO openings
- Asst. State Auditor 1, 2, or 3 (Team Wenatchee-Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Okanogan, & Ferry Counties) – Apply here
- Assistant State Auditor 1, 2, or 3 (Tri-Cities) – Apply here
- Assistant State Auditor 1, 2, or 3 (Bellingham) – Apply here
- Assistant State Auditor 1, 2 or 3 (Statewide Candidate pool) – Apply here
- Audit Intern (Statewide Candidate pool) – Apply here
Who are we? #WeAreSAO
Get to know us! We have more than 350 auditors who help keep public dollars accounted for through their work. We share lots about who we are and what we do on social media, using the hashtag #WeAreSAO. Here are some talented members across different teams at SAO.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and ideas in order to best carry out the agency’s mission today and in the future. This includes ensuring every member of our team feels valued and supported. We encourage you to join us.
If you need assistance in the application or testing process, or need job announcements in another format you can contact us at email@example.com , by phone at (564) 999-0947 or via the telecommunications relay service by dialing 7-1-1.
Build your skills through an internship
SAO’s paid internships give you a chance to learn by working alongside professionals. Audit interns have opportunities to provide support for large and small audits. As interns grow their skills, they take on assignments with increased complexity and responsibility.
We look for students who have:
- completed their sophomore year
- strong computer skills
- strong written and verbal communications skills
- completed some accounting course work