Published: April 26, 2022
We’re excited to announce the release of new features in our Financial Intelligence Tool (FIT)! You’ll now have access to more details about local governments’ debt and liabilities and a direct link to helpful FIT resources. We’ve also launched our new live annual filing submission tracker and made several other enhancements for a better user experience.
- Interested in annual report filing statistics? We’ve created an infographic that tracks the status of every local government’s annual report submission.
- Want information on debt and liabilities? For governments who log into their personal FIT view, we’ve added new ways to view this information:
- You can generate reports using the Explore Data > By Category option.
- You can drill down to specific debt and liabilities on your government’s profile.
- Discover an issue with FIT? We’ve added a convenient way for you to report it within FIT.
- Want helpful tips on how to use and understand FIT? We’ve built a Resources tab into FIT’s menu so you can easily find them.
- See a BARS code you don’t recognize? You can now view the official chart of accounts descriptions in FIT.
- We’ve added information about governing bodies and more to each government’s profile.
- We’ve moved the Data Stories section to YouTube with an icon under each report in the Annual Filing Data section.
- We’ve improved the way that missing data is shown in reports to clarify the reason why data fields are blank.
- We’ve added additional map pins to show more government locations across the state.
- With every update to FIT, we handle many bug fixes behind the scenes that you may have noticed.
We are always looking for ways to create a better experience for our users, and we hope these FIT features deliver! If you have questions about our latest updates, reach out to us at Center@sao.wa.gov!