Other Annual Reports
Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR)
The ACFR is a complex document that covers Washington state’s financial condition. The annual report, published by the Office of Financial Management (OFM), includes detailed information on the state’s structure, services and finances, as well as trends and nonfinancial data.
Most recent ACFR summary
- Summary of 2019 ACFR (Infographic) »
- Summary of 2018 ACFR (Infographic) »
- Summary of 2017 ACFR (PDF) »
- Summary of 2016 ACFR (PDF) »
- Summary of 2015 ACFR (PDF) »
State of Washington Single Audit Report (SWSA)
The SWSA, published annually by OFM, documents whether state agencies are meeting the requirements that come with federal money. It is an important audit that covers billions of federal dollars. It’s called a “single audit” because a federal law ensures that grant recipients are subject to one audit of all their federal programs versus separate audits of each program — hence the term “single audit.”
Most recent SWSA summary
- Summary of 2019 SWSA (Infographic)
- Summary of 2018 SWSA (Infographic)
- Summary of 2017 SWSA (PDF) »
- Summary of 2016 SWSA (PDF) »
- Summary of 2015 SWSA (PDF) »
State Auditor’s Office Annual Reports
The State Auditor’s Office (SAO) produces an annual report to inform the Legislature and the public about our activities.
Most recent SAO annual report
- 2020 Annual report takes a 20/20 look at 2020
- 2019 Annual report: How SAO served you during 2019
- 2018 Annual report: On the Trail of Good Government
- 2017 Annual report: Achievements 2017
Special Education Funding in Washington
At the direction of the Legislature (E2SSB 5091), the State Auditor’s Office (SAO) reviewed special education revenue and expenditures for Washington school districts during the 2018-2019 school year.
Local funds reports
The State Auditor’s Office (SAO) is responsible for auditing public funds and accounts that are not managed by or in the care of the State Treasurer. These funds are commonly referred to as “local funds,” because they are deposited with local banks, often close to the agency’s business office. As of 2016, state agencies and higher education institutions held more than $12 billion in local funds.
Most recent local funds report
- 2017-2019 Report to the Legislature (PDF)
- 2015-2017 Report to the Legislature (PDF) »
- 2013-2015 Report to the Legislature (PDF) »
The SAO and the Office of the Attorney General provide the contracts report to the Legislature every year. The document serves as a comprehensive report on the state agency contract audit and investigative findings, enforcement actions, and the status of agency resolution.
Most recent contract report
- RCW 39.26 Contracts Report for 2019 (PDF) »
- RCW 39.26 Contracts Report for 2018 (PDF) »
- RCW 39.26 Contracts Report for 2017 (PDF) »
- RCW 39.26 Contracts Report for 2016 (PDF) »
- RCW 39.26 Contracts Report for 2015 (PDF) »