Published: September 21, 2020
Staff from the Office of the Washington State Auditor are happy to (virtually) join our colleagues here to connect as we all navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a lot to share with you.
Audit Connection Newsletter, special WFOA edition
A link to the full interactive issue can be found here, and the downloadable PDF version is printer-friendly in case you want a quick access to it. Our booth also has a PDF ready for download. Look for these articles and more:
- Message from Auditor McCarthy
- SAO’s COVID-19 Guidance Toolkit
- How to ensure successful audits in a remote world
- Prevent ACH and bank account fraud
- GASB delays
- SAO Billing Rate
New, in-depth guide to procurement – plus checklists
As a follow-up to last year’s debut of the Segregation of Duties guide, we present Bidding and Buying: Ensuring your government follows Washington purchasing laws. This new procurement guide comes with supporting pull-outs:
- Is This Bidder Responsible? A checklist
- Best Practices for Change Orders
- Follow the Rules of Piggybacking
Keep learning with SAO this fall
A handy flyer is also available here or in our booth with details for fall training and outreach – be sure to check it out.
Chat us up
Members of Team SAO are monitoring our booth chat room and are happy to answer any questions you have, or connect you to an SAO expert for more detailed questions.
Remember to join our sessions
- Fighting Fraud
- Single Audit Update
- Summary of Bank Reconciliations
- BARS Update
- LEAN Basics Plus
- Good, Bad and Ugly of Change Management
- Inspiration, Instigation and Integration: Keeping Lean Alive and Kicking
If you have any questions, we’re here to help! In addition to our booth’s chat room, you can message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.